Friday, November 11, 2011

Confessions of an Overworked Artistic Director

Some days (like a week before season auditions and six weeks before the end of the semester) I want to throw everything over.

Today, I would rather make homemade butternut squash soup than finish my article revisions.

I would rather bake loaves of pumpkin bread than send out sides to those folks sending in a video submission.

I would rather knit a ruff for my dog, Pippin, while watching a movie than brainstorm for any of my three final papers.

I would rather be working on my homemade Christmas gifts (sorry, can't tell you what they are! It's a surprise!) than reading a couple hundred pages of theory.

Some days it's hard to stay focused. Every once in awhile one needs a mini-vacation, a refresher, a way to charge the batteries. As soon as I do finish my article revisions, I think I will indulge in that butternut squash soup. Hopefully that will keep me going through the rest of the work until Thanksgiving!

from Wikipedia. Attributed to: Spedona


How do you stay focused on the hard work without losing your marbles?

1 comment:

  1. Hallelujah, you are preaching to the choir! I think it's ok to stop working, though, and take time for yourself. Otherwise, you will burn out. We all need a mental health day now and then :)Good luck with the end of the semester. Miss you, cube buddy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...